Central Valley Attorney Assists People Hurt in Bicycle Accidents
Proven Stockton litigator represents injured California cyclists
The Central Valley contains spectacular opportunities for bicycle riders who want to enjoy the scenery from a trail or road. Whether you’re cycling for pleasure or using your bike to commute to work, a serious accident can occur at any time. At the Law Offices of Mark A. Thiel in Stockton, we represent California residents and visitors to the state who have been injured when their bicycle was hit by a motor vehicle. Mark Thiel has been nominated as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the country and secured more than $100 million for personal injury plaintiffs. Drawing upon this experience, we develop a sound strategy to recover funds for medical costs, lost wages and other damages for clients injured in bicycle accidents.
Firm advises California bike riders after crashes with motor vehicles
If you’ve been hurt in a collision while riding your bicycle, we offer a free initial consultation to help you obtain the relief you deserve. We have a detailed understanding of how to handle cases relating to bicycle accidents caused by:
- Lane changes — The dangers associated with driver blind spots are increased when it comes to cyclists because a bicycle is small and doesn’t make noise. Before a driver even comprehends what’s happening, a serious accident can occur.
- Sideswipes, right-turn collisions and opening car doors — Even with the increased popularity of bicycle riding, many motorists fail to consider the cyclists sharing the road with them. This leads to all types of collisions between bicycles and motor vehicles, including sideswipes that occur while a car passes, right-turn crashes and incidents where bikes run into a suddenly opened car door. Our firm can reconstruct what occurred to establish a case for driver liability.
- Rear-end and backup collisions — Due to the absence of taillights and the smaller size of a bike, a slightly distracted driver might not notice in time that a bicycle has stopped, causing a rear-end accident. Likewise, a motorist who is traveling in reverse might not be conditioned to recognize bicycles.
- Road conditions — Broken glass, uneven pavement or other road problems create a double-edged hazard because a bike rider might lose control due to the obstacle or swerve into traffic in order to avoid it.
- Attacks from dogs — Cyclists are vulnerable to dogs that chase after moving objects. Whether the harm stems from a bite or contact that knocks a bike off balance, we’ll fight for appropriate legal relief.
Since 1995, we have given Central Valley residents and tourists the advice and advocacy they need to assert their rights with confidence.
Contact an experienced California bicycle accident attorney for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Mark A. Thiel represents Central Valley bicycle riders who have been injured in collisions with motor vehicles. Please call 209-951-9600 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Central Valley office, located in Stockton.