Central Valley Truck Accident Lawyer Fights for Injured Plaintiffs
Stockton attorney advises clients struck by commercial vehicles
Collisions involving large trucks pose a much greater risk of serious injury than crashes involving only passenger cars. For this reason, special rules exist governing the operation of commercial vehicles. If you or a family member has been hurt in a crash with a truck, the Law Offices of Mark A. Thiel in Stockton can discover whether violations occurred and hold the liable parties accountable. Mr. Thiel has earned more than $100 million in verdicts for truck accident victims and other California personal injury clients. In the Central Valley and beyond, he is recognized as an aggressive, knowledgeable advocate for the people our firm represents.
California firm litigates collision cases involving semis and tractor-trailers
In a free initial consultation, we will advise you of your rights if you have been in a collision with a truck or some other type of commercial vehicle. As an attorney for more than 22 years , Mark Thiel understands how to spot instances of:
- Driver fatigue — Truck drivers face heavy pressure to get their work done on time, but a traffic jam or some other delay can put them behind schedule. That situation can lead to dangerous violations of the strict rules on driver rest. If you’ve been in a crash with a truck, we will determine if fatigue was a factor.
- DUI and other impairments — Driving an 80,000-pound tractor-trailer while impaired by alcohol or drugs is a recipe for disaster. Commercial vehicle operators must adhere to tougher DUI standards than other drivers, and truckers are known to use amphetamines and other stimulants to ward off fatigue. We will investigate the circumstances of the accident to determine whether the truck driver was impaired.
- Overloaded trucks — Trucks packed with excessive payloads can’t maneuver as well as they should and cause extra damage in a crash. We’ll examine the records and relevant physical evidence so that violators are held liable.
- Unlicensed or poorly trained drivers — Operating a large truck requires special skills and training. Our firm conducts a detailed investigation of the driver’s background to see if he or she was properly qualified.
- Mechanical defects — Even a small mechanical defect could trigger a catastrophic collision. If a part failure contributed to your accident, we’ll take aggressive action against the manufacturer and other potential defendants.
Mark Thiel has worked for both plaintiffs and insurance companies, so you can be assured of receiving comprehensive counsel regarding your truck accident claim.
Contact a skillful Central Valley truck accident attorney for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of Mark A. Thiel litigates California cases on behalf of truck accident victims and other injured plaintiffs. Please call 209-851-4899 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Our office is located in Stockton.